Toolkit For Stress!
We all know what it’s like to feel stressed – being under pressure is a normal part of life. But becoming overwhelmed by stress can lead to mental health problems or make existing problems worse.Today is National Stress Awareness Day and it’s a great opportunity to take a moment to think about our wellbeing and find advice or support on managing stress.
What toolkit do you turn to prevent stress and to de-stress?
Whether your stress is subtle or intense it can take its toll if not managed. We have 7 tips that help us to stay cool in the kitchen, behind the wheel, when life serves us lemons and well things just feel STRESSful.
- Make having a good (unbroken) night’s sleep of 7 or more hours a consistent non-negotiable
- Keep hydrated – our bodies are made up of 60% water …our heart and brain 73%! Feeling a headache come on – our first check in is ‘how much water and sleep have I had?’
- Exercise – yessssss that old chestnut. Walk, run, cycle, swim, dance, join a gym, do Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, water polo ….whatever gets your blood pumping and body moving
- Surround yourself with positive, healthy, kind and wise people
- Get out amongst nature – ‘nature nurtures’ Try it!! Evidence is in the experience.
- Eat fresh unprocessed food high in nutrients low in sugars, reduce food and drinks that create inflammation and can worsen anxiety, such as coffee and alcohol be aware of what you fuel your body with – ‘our food impacts our mood’
- Practice living mindfully … start by …
- sloooooowwing down
- breathing into your belly (yup that’s right …you are most likely taking lazy shallow breaths into your chest…Bruce Lee says, ‘Be like water’ we say, ‘Be like a baby’ and Belly Breathe!
- quiet the mind through meditation
If you are experiencing high levels of stress and finding it challenging to feel good, get on top of things, please seek professional support. We live in a fortunate country that is abundant with great health and wellbeing services.
Require rental refrigerated vehicle support with your business? Contact us today