Allwheels chats with Ozharvest about the incredible efforts and projects they have actioned during the COVID-19 pandemic. As an offical supporter of Ozharvest, the team at All Wheels makes an effort to stay abreast of the latest happenings at Ozharvest and with the recipients of their invaluable service. Last week we spent some time with Jo Hillier, National Partnerships Manager at Ozharvest to get the latest updates.
Ozharvest have been responding to a drastic increase in requests for food relief across the country- redeploying all of their team to critical roles that keep their vans on the road and reaching more people than ever.
- Since March 1st…
- Over 2 million kg of food has been delivered via their yellow vans – that’s 7 million meals in just 12 weeks
- In additional to this food they have teamed up with 18 incredible hospitality heroes and cooked up 83,300 cooked meals between the Ozharvest kitchens and theirs.
Allwheels chats with Ozharvest Episode 1- we discuss…
- Harvest Bites
- Supporting our chef ambassadors to bring beautiful meals directly to your home
- Last week we enjoyed beef cheeks from Ottos and coming up we have Firedoor, Bennelong an d then an already sold out week for Peter Gilmore at Quay
- Melas are delivered on a Monday so it’s a great excuse to treat yourself or your family to a beautiful meal and know that at the same time the profits have gone to help feed others who are in need and of course support local producers and our wonderful restaurants and chefs.
- For more information head to Harvest Bites
- Cooking for a cause
- Ozharvest Food App – The app which launched just last year has facilitated 91,594 meals – ‘this is really incredible because the aim for the app is that it provides a sustainable way to scale up the food rescue model in places our yellow vans can’t reach. It provide a point of connection between food donors and agencies in need in more remote areas’.- Ozharvest
- Fight Food Waste – Tips and recipes head HERE
In these challenging times, we at OzHarvest believe that one simple thing will carry us through – hope. – Ozharvest
- We find hope in the acts of kindness amongst the fear
- We give hope to those we can deliver food to, letting them know that someone cares
- We have hope that we will be supported by those who can and not forgotten
Here’s how you can help:
- Drive donors to support our vital food rescue services at www.hereforhope.com.au
- Share the Here for Hope campaign with your networks and get word out there Ozharvest need financial help to keep operating
- Tag your moment of hope #hereforhope. Whether it is donating to OzHarvest to provide a meal to someone in need or splitting your toilet paper stash with a neighbour, we believe hope is what we all need more of right now.
Help give hope and feed those most vulnerable in our community! Every $1 donated to OzHarvest = 2 meals. They can’t feed people without us. #hereforhope #ozharvest