All Wheels chat with Ozharvest continued…As an offical supporter of Ozharvest, the team at All Wheels makes an effort to stay abreast of the latest happenings at Ozharvest and with the recipients of their invaluable service. Last week we published Episode 1 of our chat with Jo Hillier, National Partnerships Manager at Ozharvest to get the latest updates. This week we talk about their Hamper Hub and Mobile Market initiatives.
Ozharvest have been responding to a drastic increase in requests for food relief across the country- redeploying all of their team to critical roles that keep their vans on the road and reaching more people than ever.
All Wheels chat with Ozharvest Episode 2- this week we discuss…
- Ozharvest Hamper Hubs
- In Sydney we have 4 Pop-up hubs where we can safely hand out parcels of nutritious food safely to people
- 7,216 hampers created in-house and delivered via hamper models.
- In Melbourne, we have a new program in Melbourne called Food Boxes. Food Boxes is a government funded initiative to create and distribute boxes of food that are high in nutritional value. The boxes each contain produce and recipes to feed a family of 4 up to 28 meals and over 1,800 boxes are being distributed each week to our network of metro and regional charities.
- Ozharvest’s Mobile Market
- 2 mobile markets operating in regional locations
- This program will not follow the OzHarvest food rescue model but will rather purchase produce and food items en route in the local communities to bolster their fragile economy. During the first trial week down south the Ozharvest mobile market provided fresh produce to over 360 families in regional communities such as Mogo, Cobargo and Quamma.
- Overall Ozharvest have 7 new vans on the road and 67 new charities being supported in bushfire areas.
- Fight Food Waste – Tips and recipes head HERE
Did you know Since March 1st…
- Over 2 million kg of food has been delivered via their yellow vans – that’s 7 million meals in just 12 weeks
- In additional to this food they have teamed up with 18 incredible hospitality heroes and cooked up 83,300 cooked meals between the Ozharvest kitchens and theirs.
In these challenging times, we at OzHarvest believe that one simple thing will carry us through – hope. – Ozharvest
- We find hope in the acts of kindness amongst the fear
- We give hope to those we can deliver food to, letting them know that someone cares
- We have hope that we will be supported by those who can and not forgotten
Here’s how you can help:
- Drive donors to support our vital food rescue services at www.hereforhope.com.au
- Share the Here for Hope campaign with your networks and get word out there Ozharvest need financial help to keep operating
- Tag your moment of hope #hereforhope. Whether it is donating to OzHarvest to provide a meal to someone in need or splitting your toilet paper stash with a neighbour, we believe hope is what we all need more of right now.
Help give hope and feed those most vulnerable in our community! Every $1 donated to OzHarvest = 2 meals. They can’t feed people without us. #hereforhope #ozharvest