Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What 5 key things do I need to know before making a booking?
- Length of hire?
- What is it been used for? Stand-by or non stand-by options available
- How much weight will you be carrying?
- Temperature set point
What do I need to know about the size of the vehicle?
Height and length are the most important – there are height stickers in all of our vehicles on the windscreen
What restrictions are there with the vehicles?
- Height – Car Parks , tunnels, bridges, loading docks
- Payload & length – Some vehicles are not permitted on certain roads depending on truck weight and length-refer to Roads and Maritime website for more details
*Pre planning your trip is essential
What is a Pallet?
A flat transport structure, which supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift, a pallet jack, a front loader, a jacking device, or a crane; sometimes, a pallet is inaccurately called a skid.
What dimensions are your pallets?
Australian Standard pallet size: 1165 x 1165 mm with a maximum weight capacity of 2000kg
How much can your vehicles carry?
Download our Fleet guide HERE
What are the rental categories?
- Short Term Rental is 1-6 days
- Mid Term is 7-30 days
- Long Term Rental is 30 days +
- Lease Long Term 12 months +
Do you have any special offers?
- Our special offers are always displayed on our website and change regularly
- We offer discounted rates for mid and long term rentals
What is the difference between renting and leasing?
- Renting is short term. The vehicle is registered, insured, serviced and maintained by us and when off the road we can offer you a replacement vehicle for down time.
- Leasing is long term (12+ months) The vehicle is registered, insured, serviced and maintained by us and when off the road we can offer you a replacement vehicle for down time. *You must book the vehicle into us for servicing according to the manufacturers service interval requirements at which time we will supply a replacement vehicle for this period. Hasel free.
Do you provide pallet jacks? or trolleys?
Are the vehicles Petrol or Diesel?
We offer both Diesel and petrol
Are the vehicles manual or automatic?
Auto in all models and manual options available in most models
What are my options if I don’t prepay my fuel?
- You can refill the fuel tank before returning the vehicle yourself
- we can refuel the vehicle upon its return charged at $3.30 a litre
- Pre purchase a full tank of fuel at a local average pump bowser price and return the vehicle empty (no refunds on any unused fuel)
What do I do regarding Tolls?
We will charge your credit card for incurred tolls plus 1.5 % admin fee
What kind of license do I need?
AWR recognises all current non-provisional and non-probationary Australian driver’s licences and current overseas licences.
Accepted Driver’s licences must be in English with photo and produced at the commencement of the rental, and must not be expired. Should the valid driver’s licence be in another language or have no photo AWR will accept a certified translation in English or an International driver’s permit.
Should the licence not have a photo, an International Driving Permit must accompany it.
- Any vehicle that holds more than 12 people requires an LR licence
- Any vehicle larger than a 3 tonne truck requires an MR licence
- Any vehicle that holds more than 21 people requires an MR licence
- Any vehicle that is a 8 tonne truck or larger requires a HR licence
Do you have 24/7 roadside assist?
Yes – NRMA Roadside
What do I do when I am not near a power source and require electric standby?
In this instance you would need to plug into a generator supplied by the event organiser.
Do you provide a forklift?
What happens if my fridge stops working?
Call us: 1300 547 547
Are you open 7 days?
Our office is open Monday – Friday 8am -5pm, Saturday 8am – 12pm. However we are only a phone call away outside our regular hours and we offer a no fuss after hours pick up and drop off service. We will email you instructions along with a security code.
Can I park my car at the location while I rent a vehicle?
If I am picking up after hours how will I communicate any damages? How do you track this?
Prior to pick up we photograph the vehicle and upload images onto your booking form. You will be able to see these. Any prior damage will be visible. If there is a discrepancy please take photos and call us immediately 1300 547 547.
What if there is damage but it is not noted on the image?
Call us immediately and take photos if possible to send to us immediately (1300 547 547) ensure they are time and date stamped.
What do I do if I damage the vehicle whilst driving it?
You must notify us immediately by either calling us on 1300 547 547 or email our support team email@example.com with details and images.
What happens once I return the vehicle?
AWR will inspect the vehicle with the driver/customer. Additional charges such as tolls will be charged in due course. If damage is evident you will be required to fill in an incident report. Please refer to our terms & conditions.
Will you deliver and pick up the rental?
Yes complimentary if you are within 15km of our branch *conditions apply- 3 day minimum hire
Why would I rent over buying?
Flexibility: Having a refrigerated vehicle rental partner means not only can you upsize your fleet for short term volume, you can also have flexibility on which vehicle you select, Save Cost: being able to minimise cost by using a refrigerated vehicle rental only when needed can free up capital to make other business critical investments that will fuel growth, Reduce Risk: theft, breakdowns, accidents and unexpected costs for out of warranty repairs, can not only cost the business financially, they can also impact operationally, Reduce Fleet Management Requirements:Working with a refrigerated truck rental specialist will mean you can either minimise or remove this commitment from your business altogether, Try before you buy: By renting from their fleet and trying several vehicles, you can essentially ‘try before you buy’ to see which refrigeration system works best for you.
What is Vision Trak?
A real time temperature tracking solution helping you to be more efficient and effective in managing drivers and vehicles as well as facilitating the various processes to comply to industry standards, such as HACCP compliance, ATO electronic logbook and OH & S lone worker.
Vision Trak’s telematics solutions goes beyond the standard GPS tracking. We are able to customise our solution to each company’s tracking needs and deliver meaningful insights on the Vision Trak platform. This saves your team from manually crunching and analysing data and allows you to reallocate that time to higher value business operations.
Access real-time and historic information on:
- GPS and route tracking data of your vehicle or fleet
- Temperature recordings of your refrigerated vehicle cabin or store
- Alerts to duress events from your drivers
- Driver ID and driving behaviour
- Internal and external fleet CCTV footage
What are the key features?
- Receive real time and independent readings of your refrigerated vehicles
- Track how many times the refrigerated door is opened and closed and the duration
- Track your vehicle’s’ exact locations in real time and playback mode
- Monitor when, where and how long your drivers have been on the road for, any incidents of speeding, acceleration, turning and braking harshly and idling
- Plan your vehicle routes in advance with the integrated runsheet module
- Create virtual zones with our geo-fencing function to define specific areas, such as your warehouse or depot
Why would I want a Vision Traker in my rental vehicle?
- Save money and time, track from anywhere, anytime
- Vision Trak’s real-time temperature tracking solution facilitates the reporting requirement and enables your company to be HACCP compliant
- Vision Trak’s electronic log book is ATO accredited
- Vision Trak telematics facilitates by providing data for Fringe Benefit Tax, Fuel Tax Credit and Private-road Tax
How do I make a booking?
- Call us: 1300 547 547
- Via our enquiries links on our site
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I book online?
We intentionally avoid online bookings due to the specialised nature of refrigerated transport. Ensuring you receive the correct vehicle for your needs is our priority, a quick phone chat will ensure this.
Can I check rates online without making a booking?
There is a guide online however call us to tailor rates to suit you. Any special rates advertised online are guaranteed.
How will I know if my booking is confirmed?
Once you’ve provided your personal details and completed the booking, we’ll send you a confirmation of your booking to the email address supplied. This confirmation includes your booking number, details of your pickup and return location, the estimated price of your booking, and other important information. We recommend that you print it out and take it with you when collecting your vehicle to speed up this process.
Once I have made a booking, can I change the details of my booking?
We know plans can change, so we do allow changes to your booking prior to the pickup date. You can alter your dates, times, vehicle type and additional extras prior to collecting your vehicle, subject to availability. We recommend any changes are made at least 12 hours prior to your vehicle collection to ensure we can best provide for your new requirements.
If you have already collected your vehicle and want to make a change, refer to your Rental Agreement for the pickup location and simply contact us on 1300 547 547 so we can best manage your request.
How old do I have to be to rent a vehicle?
All drivers must be aged at least 21 years old at the commencement of the rental.
Any drivers aged 21 to 24 inclusive (whether the main or additional driver) incur an age surcharge of $27.50 per day, and can access our standard range of vehicles. Provisional licence holders will not be eligible to rent. Ultimate Protection (UP) is not available to drivers in this age group and a $3000 surcharge applies to accident damage. Refer to Terms & Conditions for further details.
What’s my responsibility when renting an All Wheels Rental vehicle?
You and any additional drivers noted on the rental agreement are bound by All Wheels Rentals Terms & Conditions as agreed to when signing your Rental Agreement. From the time you collect your vehicle, you and any nominated driver noted on the rental agreement, are financially responsible for any loss of damage to the vehicle. This includes damage caused outside of your control including hailstorms.
What is the minimum rental period?
Minimum rental period is 24 hours.
Do you offer any long term rental discounts?
The length of the rental determines the rate. Longer the rental, cheaper the rate.
Does All Wheels Rentals offer one-way rentals?
Yes, including Sydney – Melbourne and Melbourne – Sydney. Please contact us on 1300 547 547 for rates, terms and conditions.
Can anyone other than myself drive the vehicle?
Yes – only approved drivers nominated on the rental agreement are permitted to drive the vehicle. We do not charge additional driver fee.
Can I tow using an All Wheels Rentals Vehicle?
No this will be a breach of the Terms & Conditions.
Can I drive my vehicle off road?
No – this will void all insurances. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for consequences and further information.
Can I extend the rental duration?
Yes subject to availability We ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible
Does All Wheels Rentals accept digital/electronic licences?
Yes we accept digital licenses at time of booking, however bring your physical licence with you when collecting your vehicle.
Can I add an Additional Driver after I’ve already collected my vehicle?
Yes this can be done over the phone followed by an electronic confirmation issued to you with the changes.
Can pets ride in All Wheels Rentals vehicles?
What can I fit in a truck or van?
Each model is different. The best way to know exactly what you can fit in your rental truck or van is to chat with us on 1300 547 547
Do trucks come with a Hydraulic lifter?
Not all vehicles across our fleet are equipped with a hydraulic lifter. Please be sure to confirm this with us when booking.
Do I need to clean out the back of a truck or van?
Any heavy soiling or smoking in the vehicle will incur cleaning charges as per our Terms & Conditions